Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Beware when someone uses the term "full coverage" when discussing your auto insurance...

Generally, when you hear that you have "full-coverage" auto insurance, what you think that term means, and what someone else thinks it means are likely to be two different things.  Same with "liability-only" auto insurance.  When protecting yourself, your family, and your assets, you don't want any misunderstandings between you and your insurance company!  That's why I don't use these terms with my clients.

The state of Tennessee requires you, at minimum, to have auto liability insurance that covers bodily injury/death and property damage for the "other guy" if you have a wreck with somebody.  That's it.  Yet, there are 5 to 7  specific coverages that you also need if you want to be properly protected.  How are you going to know if you have them, or not, if you tell a 1-800 company you want "liability-only", or full-coverage"?  How do you know what's right?

You need a local, qualified insurance agent who will happily spend the time with you, in person, to explain what the risks are, and make the proper recommendations based on your specific situation.  You can't get that from someone in a cubicle 500 miles away or from an online website.

Let me know how I can help you at my office in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, TN.

David Yates Insurance Agency
1881 General George Patton Dr., Suite 103
Franklin, TN 37067
Phone 615-778-1816  Fax 615-778-1817

Doh -- a deer!

We're nearing the peak of the deer-mating season, the time to be extra watchful for deer while you are driving.  In fact, about half of ...