Tips to avoid deer-related crashes, courtesy of The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security and the Tennessee Highway Patrol:
• When you see deer cross the road, expect more to follow. Many times, the second or third deer crossing becomes the one that motorists hit.
• Be attentive and drive defensively constantly scanning the roadside, especially at dawn and dusk.
• Do not swerve to avoid contact with deer. This could cause the vehicle to flip or veer into oncoming traffic causing a serious crash. Swerving can also confuse the deer as to where to run.
• When you spot a deer, slow down immediately. Proceed slowly when passing.
• If you do collide with a deer, never approach the animal. They are powerful and can cause bodily harm to a human. Report any deer collision, even if the damage is minor.
David Yates Insurance Agency
1881 General George Patton Dr., Suite 103
Franklin, TN 37067
Phone 615-778-1816 Fax 615-778-1817
Technorati Tags: auto insurance,car insurance,Franklin Tennessee,Middle Tennessee,relocating to Franklin TN,auto insurance discounts,best insurance rates,honest insurance agent in Franklin TN,auto insurance in Brentwood TN,Thompson's Station TN,Spring Hill TN,local Franklin TN insurance agent,Franklin TN insurance agent,recommended insurance agent in Middle Tennessee,buying a car in Franklin TN,buying a truck in Franklin TN,Brentwood TN dealers,Franklin TN auto dealers,Franklin TN auto insurance